Teriyaki BBQ Beef or Chicken with Broccoli Noodle Bowls
Try this make your own take-out meal that is kid-friendly!
- For the Teriyaki BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1 cup organic ketchup
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki or low-sodium Teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup honey or agave syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 palmful coarse black pepper
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3/4 pound flank steak or boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 bundle broccolini or 1 small head broccoli Salt
- 1 pound whole wheat or grain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
Yields: Serves 4
Place ingredients for BBQ sauce in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes to thicken and concentrate flavor a little. Remove ginger root.
Place a large pot of water on to boil.
Pour a cup of edamame from freezer to defrost. Add meat to freezer to firm up, about 15 minutes.
Trim broccolini or broccoli and cut into 2-inch pieces. Add salt to boiling water and cook to tender-crisp, 5 minutes. Remove with spider or slotted spoon and drain well. Drop pasta into water and cook to al dente.
Remove meat from freezer and very thinly slice on an angle, against the grain if you're using beef.
Heat oil, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet or wok over high heat until smoking. Add meat and stir-fry to brown. Add edamame and broccolini or broccoli and pour in sauce. Drain pasta and toss into the skillet to combine.
Serve in bowls topped with scallions.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook