Spinach Pasta with Asparagus Pesto
This recipe was featured in the April 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound spinach fettuccine, spaghetti or garganelli
- 1/4 cup pistachios or 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 pound thin asparagus, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed mixed fresh parsley, mint and tarragon or basil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, about a handful
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- About 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
While the pasta is cooking, in a small skillet, toast the nuts.
Using a food processor, purée the toasted nuts, asparagus, herbs, cheese, garlic and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. With the machine on, drizzle in about 1/4 cup EVOO; stream in a few more tablespoons as needed to form a smooth pesto.
In a pasta bowl, combine the pasta, pesto and reserved pasta cooking water. Toss for 1-2 minutes to coat.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook