Sheryl Crow's Corn and Thyme Pancakes
Serves these with Sheryl's Free-Range Organic “Airliner” Chicken Breasts and Mâche Salad with Sherry Vinegar Gastrique.
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, preferably omega-3 eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, preferably expeller-pressed
- ¾ cup cooked corn kernels
- ½ bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced, white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
Yields: Makes six 6-inch pancakes
In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until evenly blended. (Alternatively, you can whisk the batter together by hand.)
Add the eggs, egg yolk, milk, and canola oil and mix gently to form a batter.
Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the corn, scallions, and thyme.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and when hot, ladle about 3 tablespoons of batter onto the pan and using the back of the ladle smooth the batter into a round cake. Cook for about 2 minutes, turn, and cook for about 2 minutes longer or until the pancake is nicely browned on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 6 pancakes.
If not using right away, wrap the pancakes in aluminum foil to keep warm.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook