- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 seedless cucumber, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 pound ground chicken or pork
- 3 tablespoons tamari, aged soy sauce, eyeball the amount
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter, softened in microwave 20 seconds on high
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- A handful of chives, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 slider buns, such as Pepperidge Farm brand or 8 small dinner or brioche rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
Yields: Serves 4
In a small pot over medium-high heat, place the vinegar and sugar; heat to a low boil to dissolve sugar into the vinegar. Turn off heat and stir in the mint.
Combine chopped cucumber, onion and red pepper in a bowl, and pour hot vinegar over the top. Stir to combine and let stand, stirring occasionally.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat with the tamari, peanut butter, garlic, ginger, chives and black pepper. Form an even mound of meat, score it into 4 equal portions and from each portion form 2 patties, about 3 inches in diameter each.
Heat vegetable oil in a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add the patties and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and firm.
To serve, place a little shredded cabbage on the bun bottoms, top with the patties, some cucumber relish and the bun tops.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook