Rollover Jerk Chicken with Roasted Vegetables and Pineapple
Turn the leftovers into Sweet and Spicy Sesame Noodles with Shredded Jerk Chicken one night and Jerk Chicken Quesadillas with Slaw Salad the next!
- 3 red onions, roughly chopped and divided
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 jalapeño or serrano peppers, seeded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon (about a palmful) sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon (about a palmful) cumin
- 2 teaspoons (about 2/3 palmful) allspice
- 1 teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) cinnamon
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 whole chickens, about 4-5 pounds each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place one red onion, the garlic, scallions, lime juice, jalapeño peppers, red wine vinegar, orange juice, paprika, cumin, allspice, cinnamon and thyme in a food processor and pulse to combine. While running, stream in the EVOO to form a thick paste.
Place the chickens in a roasting pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Rub the paste on the chicken and place in the oven to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 1 hour.
Place the pineapple, bell peppers and 2 red onions on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle them with some EVOO. Place tray in the oven 30 minutes before the chicken is done cooking.
Serve up one of the chickens and half of the roasted vegetables and pineapple mixture for dinner number one. Deeelish!
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook