Roasted Maple & Mustard Chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds medium potatoes, skin-on and cut into wedges
- 4 crispy apples, quartered, cored then cut into 8 wedges per apple
- 3 medium yellow onions, peeled, cut into 6 wedges each with root attached
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 5-pound chicken, quartered
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- About 1/3 cup dark amber maple syrup
- About 1/3 cup grainy mustard
- About 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- About 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- About 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated shallot
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Melt butter in a small pan or microwave.
In a shallow roasting pan, dress potatoes, apples and onions with melted butter, and season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Roast 10 minutes then remove from oven.
Dress chicken with EVOO, salt and pepper, and arrange over potatoes and onions.
Combine syrup, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, stock, garlic and shallot in a small bowl. Pour sauce evenly over the chicken and potatoes, and roast 1 hour more.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook