Really French, French Bread Pizza
This recipe is from Rachael's book: 2, 4, 6, 8 - Great Meals for Couples or Crowds.
- 2 pounds large white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon, 4 sprigs, fresh thyme leaves, stripped and chopped
- 1 24-inch loaf of crusty French bread
- 3 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
Yields: 6 servings
Preheat the broiler.
Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel and slice. Heat a deep skillet with EVOO and butter over medium heat. When the butter melts into oil, add the bay leaf, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are dark and tender, 12-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add in the Dijon, Worcestershire and thyme, let reduce and thicken. Turn off the heat and reserve.
Split bread lengthwise. Hollow out some of the insides. Toast the bread lightly under the broiler. Fill evenly with mushrooms then top with cheese. Put loaves back under the broiler until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Remove from oven, cut each half into thirds and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook