Pesto-Presto Italian Flag Chicken
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 8-10 leaves basil, about a half a cup
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, a handful
- 1 5.4 ounce round of Boursin garlic and herb soft cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- 4 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices 1/2 inch thick of vine ripe tomato, 3 medium tomatoes
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a small pan over medium heat lightly toast the nuts then cool.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, pine nuts, Boursin cheese, 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (about a handful), some salt and pepper. Process into a smooth paste. Reserve.
Butterfly each of the chicken breasts and pound them out lightly in a plastic bag with a dash of water using a skillet or meat mallet. Season both sides of the chicken and divide the herb-cheese mixture between the four breasts, placing a scoop on one half of each breast. Fold the flap over to enclose the cheese mixture.
Transfer the chicken pockets to a baking sheet and shingle 3 slices of tomato over each breast. Season with some salt and pepper, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO and sprinkle with the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano (about a handful).
Bake the chicken pockets until cooked through and light golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with Garlic and Cheese Orzo alongside.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook