Chicken Soup with …..?
This dish is perfect for families who can't all agree on dinner. Rachael gives you four different options to put in the soup so everyone wins!
This recipe was prepared in Rachael's Loft --our new home away from home in the heart of downtown NYC -- click here for more recipes and entertaining tips from Rachael's Loft!
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium-size carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 bay leaf, use fresh if available
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Pick one of the following, cooked separately according to package directions:
- 3 cups cooked popcorn
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups cooked orzo or broken spaghetti
- 3 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- Optional garnishes:
- Lime wedges
- Hot sauce
- Fresh dill, chopped
Yields: 4 to 6
Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat with EVOO. Add celery, carrots, onions, thyme and bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes then add chicken stock. Bring to a bubble and cook 5 minutes. Add the chicken pieces and continue to simmer for 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately or leave on the stove and reheat by bringing back up to a bubble.
To serve, add a portion of the popcorn, rice, pasta or egg noodles into a soup bowl. Ladle some of the hot chicken soup over it and finish it off with your choice of lime juice, hot sauce and/or dill.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook