Cabin in the Woods Burgers with Bacon & Eggs
This recipe was featured in the October 2012 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon or black pepper bacon
- 1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 1/2 pounds coarsely ground beef chuck
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil or vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 pound sliced extra-sharp white cheddar, for topping
- Melted butter, for frying eggs and basting burger rolls
- 4 organic eggs
- 4 seed-topped or onion rolls, split
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the bacon on a broiler pan or rack-lined baking sheet and bake until the fat is partially rendered, about 15 minutes. Baste the bacon with maple syrup; bake 5-6 minutes more.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. In a bowl, combine the beef, Worcestershire and onion (grate the onion over the bowl so the juices fall into the meat). Stir in the mustard; season with salt and lots of pepper. Form into 4 patties (making them thinner at the center and thicker at the edges). Drizzle the patties with oil; cook, flipping once, until a nice crust forms, about 7 minutes. Top with the cheese and cook for about 2 minutes to melt.
Brush a nonstick skillet over medium heat with some melted butter. Add the eggs and fry to your liking; season.
Toast the buns, basting with melted butter. Top the bun bottoms with burgers, bacon, eggs and bun top.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook