Breakfast, Lunch Or Dinner Carbonara Pizza
Rachael's husband John's favorite pasta dish... turned into a pizza.
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough (recommended brand Pillsbury), or one from your favorite pizza joint
- Cornmeal, for sprinkling on pizza pan
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 1/4 pound pancetta, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (a generous handful) grated Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, whatever you have in the fridge
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Roll out dough into a large, thin, round or rectangular shape. Scatter a little cornmeal on the pizza pan or baking sheet before placing rolled-out dough on it.
Drizzle dough with EVOO and prick it with fork tines in a few places. Place in oven and partially bake for 7-8 minutes.
Drizzle EVOO in a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Cook pancetta until crisp, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool. Brush the baked pizza crust with some of the grease from the skillet you cooked the pancetta in for a little extra flavor.
Add beaten egg yolks, ricotta, Romano, grated garlic and black pepper to a bowl and stir to combine.
Spread the ricotta cheese mixture out over the pizza crust, then top with provolone cheese.
Scatter the reserved pancetta all over and bake 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and the cheese is evenly golden on top. Scatter parsley over cooked pizza, cut into wedges and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook